In comparison to The Beach Boys, Coldplay is very similar in some ways but they are also very different. The Beach Boys are happy and carefree in their music; their music is the kind that you hear in older movies where the setting is somewhere like California. I also noticed while listening to the music that it was really kind of catchy and good change-the-mood-of-someone music. Coldplay’s music, however, is very melancholy,┬áthe type of music that most people would listen to when they were having a bad day or something sad was going on in their life. I mostly connected well with the Coldplay album, not just because it’s more of a modern style, but because I wasn’t really into the Beach Boys. It’s something that I wouldn’t listen to in my home because I was raised on different styles of music.

One Response to “A Rush Of Blood To The Head”

1. I’ve done some editing here, but remember that your aim should be to examine the craft of writing — in this case, writing about music. What happens in these two essays? How are they structured? What do we take from them?