I really liked how Boggs used a different style in terms of point of view throughout this short story. The point of view of the story changes at the beginning of each new paragraph. Not only is this a different and interesting way to move the plot along, but it also provides more than one perspective/insight into the thoughts and feelings of various students and faculty members who attend and work at this school. I also thought it was interesting that Boggs included the perspective of one of the boys who stayed behind and did not go deer hunting. While reading this story, I was surprised and a little confused when Boggs started writing from the point of view of one of the boys who stayed behind because at the beginning of the story, the narrator says that “on the first day of deer season the high school is deserted by all the boys.” However, I later realized that there were probably a few boys who were not hunters and I liked how Boggs included this boy’s perspective because it gave the reader a sense of what it’s like to go to this school through the eyes of one of the boys and how the other boys (the “rednecks,” as the boy refers to them) treat girls and boys like himself who go to the same school. This short story is full of descriptions about the same class and the same school, yet they all differ because they are told from different perspectives, making the story more intriguing.